Friday, August 3, 2018

Still not invested in Indian market, missed it, says Jim Rogers

Indian markets are at a record high. What’s your take? Did you invest in India after exiting in 2015?

No. I have not invested in the Indian markets. I should have, everybody should have, but I have missed it. I don’t like to buy anything at all-time highs. So, I am doing nothing. I am watching. I am not going to jump onto a moving bus, because if you do so, you only get hurt.

There is a lot of easy money in the world, especially in India, and it is going into the market. That is always worrisome, because when the rest of the world starts having problems, India will have a problem, too.

What do you think of the ongoing trade war situation? What could be the likely outcome?

Something is going to happen to make it sound better. Mr Trump or somebody will put together something that will sound good. But next year, or the year after, when economies around the world have a problem, that is when he (Trump) is going to lash out and have a real trade war, and that will make the next economic problem even worse.

- Source, Jim Rogers via Live Mint